Gå till innehåll

Köra Windows 8 på notebooks med otillräcklig upplösning

Manneman

En lösning till er som vill testa. Ursäkta att det står på engelska... lånat från www.techtrikz.com

// Manneman

How to Run Windows 8 Metro Apps on Small Screen sized Netbook PC

03/09/2012 By Kannan Leave a Comment

Metro apps are Windows 8’s center of attraction. However, to run these full screen Metro apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768 (to snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768). But most of the Netbooks available today has 1024×600 or lower screen resolution, so how do you run the Metro style apps on these PCs? Here is how it is.

If your Netbook has small screen size and want to experience the Windows 8’s core feature Metro apps on it, here is a small registry tick that anyone can easily follow and enjoy Metro apps without any issues.

First, open the ‘Run’ command box by clicking Win + R keys. Type regedit.exe in the box, and then press Enter key to open Registry Editor. Don’t forget to confirm the UAC prompt.

Once launching the Registry Editor, press Ctrl + F keys to open Find box and typedisplay1_downscalingsupported in the box. Don’t forget to enable ‘Match whole string only’ option, then click Find Next button.

Win-8-registry-Find.png

After a while, you’ll get one or more results. Double-click on display1_downscalingsupportedentry and change its value from the default “0” to “1”. [If you have more than one ‘display1_downscalingsupported’, entries modify all of them].

Windows-8-Registry-Editor.jpg

After completing your work, exit Registry Editor and reboot your PC. Then, right-click on the desktop and select Screen Resolution. You should now see 1024×768 resolution.

Select 1024×768 (or higher resolution, if available) and then click Apply button to save the settings. You should now be able to run Metro-style apps on your Netbook.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

En smula OT. Prova att manuellt ändra i registret med tex. en 10" Tablet-PC, inte det allra lättaste.

Bra tips dock.

Självklart, jarru... du har naturligtvis rätt. Å andra sidan så kan det vara något som är värt i detta fallet. Men som alltid så ska man iaktta försiktighet när det gäller modifikationer av systemet.

// Manneman

Länk till kommentar

Postad (redigerade)

Jag fick inte fram den upplösningen som krävs ;(

Edit:

Efter andra försöket fick jag fram rätt upplösning men det blev inget bra på min samsung NS 310, texten och allt ser knepigt ut....

Redigerad av PCGuiden
Länk till kommentar

Delta i dialogen

Du kan skriva svaret nu och registrera dig senare, Om du har ett konto, logga in nu för att svara på inlägget.

Gäst
Svara i detta ämne...

×   Du har klistrat in innehåll med formatering.   Ta bort formatering

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Din länk har automatiskt bäddats in.   Visa som länk istället

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Skapa nytt...