Gå till innehåll

Kaspersky has close ties to russian spies

Det är bara på engelska.

Kaspersky has close ties to russian spies

In 2012, however, Kaspersky Lab abruptly changed course. Since then, high-level managers have left or been fired, their jobs often filled by people with closer ties to Russia’s military or intelligence services.
Nonetheless, while Kaspersky Lab has published a series of reports that examined alleged electronic espionage by the U.S., Israel, and the U.K., the company hasn’t pursued alleged Russian operations with the same vigor. In February, Kaspersky Lab researchers released a remarkably detailed report about the tactics of a hacker collective known as the Equation Group, which has targeted Russia, Iran, and Pakistan, and which cybersecurity analysts believe to be a cover for the U.S. National Security Agency. Kaspersky Lab hasn’t issued a similar report about Russia’s links to sophisticated spyware known as Sofacy, which has attacked NATO and foreign ministries in Eastern Europe. Sofacy was reported on last fall by U.S. cybersecurity company FireEye.
Chief Business Officer Garry Kondakov circulated an internal e-mail saying that from then on, the company’s highest positions would be held only by Russians, say two people who saw the e-mail. Board meetings, once conducted in English, were now in Russian.

Full article: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...-russian-spies

Just for the records: Kaspersky has one of the biggest market shares in anti-virus products in USA and it's used in many government institutions.

Do you think that we need someone like Joe Mccarthy around? For me it's time for some house cleaning.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Delta i dialogen

Du kan skriva svaret nu och registrera dig senare, Om du har ett konto, logga in nu för att svara på inlägget.

Gäst
Svara i detta ämne...

×   Du har klistrat in innehåll med formatering.   Ta bort formatering

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Din länk har automatiskt bäddats in.   Visa som länk istället

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Skapa nytt...