Gå till innehåll

Hyper-V på HP Pavillon m9180.sc-a

salgo60

Har installerat Windows Server 2008 R2 och skulle aktivera Hyper-v

Fick då ett klagomål på att jag har fel stöd i BIOS någon som vet mer eller var jag skall börja leta

Har HP Pavillon m9180.sc-a

Bios 5.05 01/04 2008

Core 6.0

AMD Phantom 9500-Quad-Core

Verkar inte som jag kan uppgradera BIOS då jag kollar på HPs sidor ....

Hlns

Magnus

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

• 4 veckor senare...

Ok, du behöver även Data Execution Prevention påslaget i BIOS, antingen Intel XD bit (execute disable bit)) eller AMD NX bit (no execute bit). Kontrollera detta och testa sedan igen. Om det fortfarande inte fungerar så ber jag dig återkomma med exakt felmeddelande du får.

Länk till kommentar

Hyper-V cannot be installed

The processor on this computer is not compatible with Hyper-V. To install this role, the processor must have a supported version of hardware-assisted virtualization, and that feature must be

turned on in the BIOS.

Linn to mk:@MSITStore:D:\Windows\help\mui\0409\virtual_help.chm::/html/b8397ec3-4264-4f47-9419-c1b53cca65f4.htm

That links to "The Windows Server catalog is available at the Microsoft Web site (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=111228)."

Text on the help page

To install and use the Hyper-V role, you will need the following:

An x64-based processor. - Hyper-V is available in x64-based versions of Windows Server 2008specifically, the x64-based versions of Windows Server 2008 Standard, Windows Server 2008 Enterprise, and Windows Server 2008 Datacenter.

Hardware-assisted virtualization. This is available in processors that include a virtualization option; specifically, Intel VT or AMD Virtualization (AMD-V).

Hardware Data Execution Protection (DEP) must be available and be enabled. Specifically, you must enable Intel XD bit (execute disable bit) or AMD NX bit (no execute bit).

Additional considerations

The settings for hardware-assisted virtualization and hardware data execution protection are available in the BIOS. However, the names of the settings may differ from the names identified above. For more information about whether a specific processor model supports Hyper-V, check with the manufacturer of the computer.

If you modify the settings for hardware-assisted virtualization or hardware data execution protection, you may need to turn off the power to the computer and then turn it back on. Restarting the computer may not apply the changes to the settings.

Additional references

For more information about Hyper-V, see the Windows Server 2008 TechCenter (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=93752).

Länk till kommentar

Du skriver i ditt inlägg där att du ändrar "Secure Virtualization enable/disable". Det låter inte som rätt inställning, har du kollat igenom samtliga menyer efter något med AMD-V, virtualization eller hardware assisted virtualization? En BIOS-uppgradering kanske kan hjälpa dig!

Länk till kommentar

Delta i dialogen

Du kan skriva svaret nu och registrera dig senare, Om du har ett konto, logga in nu för att svara på inlägget.

Gäst
Svara i detta ämne...

×   Du har klistrat in innehåll med formatering.   Ta bort formatering

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Din länk har automatiskt bäddats in.   Visa som länk istället

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Skapa nytt...