Defragmentera & sortera filer i Windows Vista Ultimate

PirateHook

C:$Extend$UsnJnl:$J:$DATA

Vad används denna fil till?

Den ligger i 22st fragment och före så låg den i 27st. Körde en offline defrag med PerfectDisk 8 och då gick den ner till 1 fragment. Har kört COMPLETE/Name i O&O Defrag 10 Professional Edition vilket sorterar system och windows filer i följd. Detta ger mycket bättre prestanda och sedan funkar grafik bättre. Ska ni syssla med det så kör COMPLETE/Name till ca 10% och stanna och fortsätt ca 10 gånger sen gör ni likadant tills 20%

Ladda hem EVEREST Ultimate Edition sen kollar ni under operativsystem/tid i drift/Systemets tillgänglighet

Systemets tillgänglighet bör ligga på 100%

Jag ser dig /BigBrother  ;D

http://eforum.idg.se/viewmsg.asp?entriesid=995123

http://www.compatdb.org/ubbthreads.php/ubb.../page/1/fpart/2

A little bit of info about NTFS metadata...

NTFS is a self-describing file system. This means that all of the information needed to "describe" the file system is contained within the file system itself - in the form of metadata.

The $MFT is where all of the information about files are stored - in the form of file id's. A file ID is comprised of a 64bit number - of which 2/3 is the actual FileID and the remaining 1/3 is a sequence number. When files are deleted from an NTFS partition, the file id isn't immediately re-used. Only after hundreds of thousands of files are created is the sequence number incremented and the "empty" file id re-used. That is why the $MFT continues to grow and grow and grow. It is also why the $MFT Reserved Zone exists - to allow the $MFT to grow "into" it - hopefully in a contiguous fashion. Very small files can be stored "resident" in the $MFT. As much of the $MFT as can fit into memory is loaded when the partition is mounted.

The $MFTMirr is an exact copy of the 16 records of the $MFT. The first 16 records of the $MFT contain files 0 - 15. File 0 is the $MFT. File 1-15 are the remainder of the metadata (not all used btw...). The $MFTMirr is NTFS's "fallback" mechanism in case it can't read the 1st 16 records of the $MFT.

The $Bitmap is exactly that - a file containing a bit for each logical cluster on the partition - with the bit either being set or clear depending if that logical cluster is free or used.

The $Logfile is NTFS's transaction log - all updates to disk first go through the transaction log. This transaction log is what provides for NTFS's recovery (roll back/forward transactions) when the operating system is abnormally shutdown/crashes and provides for enhanced file system integrity.

$Upcase is used for Unicode information (foreign language support, etc...).

These are just a few of the NTFS metadata files and what they are used for. Windows 2000 introduced new metadata files (i.e. $Usnjnl and $Reparse).